This multicolored Handwoven Pure Pashmina Shawl has all over Kalamkari handwork in Jamawar pattern. This masterpiece is hand painted in multiple colors with the help of Kalam (a specialized pen). It has very characteristic and well-defined motifs that comprise of traditional paisleys, flowers and leaves that are intricately stitched with hand in mesmerizing color combinations that blend with each other in exquisite harmony, making this piece an unusual delight for your eyes.
Kalamkari is a very distinct type of ancient Kashmiri art that involves a mix of hand painted and embroidered designs. Kalamkari in Urdu means painting by hand with the help of a unique pen called “Kalam”. Our experienced and skilled craftsmen use natural color dyes to paint the design around an embroidery.
The intricate handwork and the level of detailed design truly speak of this ancient Kashmiri art and the hard work that our artisans put into this incredibly time-consuming skill, as a single shawl can take 12-14 months to make.
This Kashmiri hand embroidered Pashmina Shawl is a masterpiece creation. Order of this is subject to availability as only 1 unique piece is made by hand. Another piece may not have the same embroidery details.
CRAFT: Kalamkari Handwork
FABRIC: Pure Pashmina
DIMENSIONS:L- 200cm, W- 100cm
Ready to Ship
- • Professional Dry Clean is recommended for all our products
- • Do not spray perfume directly on the product.
- • Woven articles may have slight design variations or slubs which are a natural outcome of this process and make a piece unique
- • There may be slight variation in the color of product displayed in the picture on our website and actual product that you receive. This may be due to the lights used for photography and the device settings.
- • The dispatch time may vary according to product availability.